Tuesday, November 08, 2016

MCM EXPO 2016

Hey!

Recently I went to MCM Expo in London on the Sunday with Shady. I wasn't planning on going until I saw Kimura U was attending and I have been needing to get in touch with some real kawaii people so I decided to go along. 




At the meet and greet I met the designer for Galaxxxy as well as Kimura U. I didn't even realise I went so decked out in Galaxxxy items until the designer pointed it out, must have been a subconscious decision! I spoke to them both in Japanese, my casual spoken was a bit rusty which is frightening considering that I've only been back in England for a few months and my degree is in Japanese *internal screaming*. That's what you get when you're not fully immersed in the culture :( I love the photo of us it's so ridiculously bright and colourful, and we're so colourful in different ways!


I didn't stop anyone to ask to take photos apart from these people who were dressed up as gang members from the the cult film, The Warriors. It's so bad it's good I highly recommend it!


Apparently this is a character from the new series created by the creator of One Punch Man. I don't watch anime or read manga anymore so I'm really out of touch, I just took the photo with him because he looks funny haha.



This was such a great moment for me and really satisfied my inner weeb. I love the anime Psycho Pass and this is the dominator gun that the police use. I want one that lights up and talks though, that would be sick. But for now I will settle for this.


Having a bit of fun by the beach with Gudetama!




And of course outfit shots in typical MCM fashion outside the typical MCM backdrop. I haven't dressed up this colourfully in a while so I used the lure of anime and comics and nerdy things to get me to dress up more. Whenever I dress up I automatically feel better! This look was a super last minute thrown together thing which turned out quite well! I also remembered why I don't use pencil eyeliner anymore because A. It reminds me of 17 year old Choom who only owned a kohl eyeliner and a dream matte mousse foundation B. It melts down your face in an instant.

I think this will be my last MCM to be honest. I don't find them that fun anymore. I'm not sure if it's because I don't like anime, or I've grown out of it but I just felt like there wasn't that much to do and see and every time I go it gets worse and worse so...no more MCM for me!

Choom xoxo

Outfit rundown
Jacket and top - Galaxxxy
Shorts - Cyberdog
Tights - Tokone
Shoes - Vans
Bag - 6%Dokidoki
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Choom. All rights reserved.