Monday, September 28, 2015

Kawaii Monster Café

Hey!

I want to experience as much kawaii culture as possible during my year in Japan so I had to visit the Kawaii Monster Café in Harajuku. The café was created by Sebastian Masuda, the mastermind behind both Kyary Pamyu Pamyu's stage outfits and set and also the famous Harajuku brand 6% Doki Doki.

I went with my friend Catherine (also magnificent photographer for the day) and I was so excited to get there. We had to queue for a bit, not long about 15 mins, and the wait was so worth it!

The doors to heaven...



You get to chose which room you want to be seated in. I chose the Mel-Tea room because it matched my outfit haha.


This is the Mel-Tea room! I love the fact each room has it's own feel and decor. I love anything themed and each room's theme has obviously been given a lot of thought and each element is so creative!


The menu was interactive and was decorated like a cake! So cool!



The menu has both savoury and sweet foods which are all weird and colourful. I was hesitant to try out the spaghetti as each strand was a different colour and the dip was blue, green and red. I opted for a smoothie and sorbet while Catherine had popcorn. Each piece of the popcorn was a different colour and each colour tasted different, the blue being Ramuné flavour!! 




I did a mini photoshoot in my area because it had such a cool backdrop. I even got a picture with one of the monsters, she's so cute!! And our outfits totally match.




Everything was so cute, even down to the chopsticks which were pastel purple. 




I took a short video in the Mel-Tea room. They played this cute but seriously creepy music on loop.


A quick snap in the main part of the café. There's a merry go round in the centre!


Even the toilets are super vibrant and colourful!





We each received a member's card at the end of the meal. You collect points by going to each room in the café then you 'level up.' I wonder what the next level could be! I'm going to make regular trips to this café. The pricing is also very reasonable for such a popular place.


Definitely going back soon!



To see the photoshoot I did in the café go to the Puricuties blog where I talk about the outfit in more detail.

Choom xoxo
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Choom. All rights reserved.