Sunday, December 13, 2015

Harajuku Fashion Walk

日本語でブログポスト

Hey!


I went to my first ever Harajuku Fashion Walk yesterday with Cece. I always see it online and I've always wanted to participate so I was so happy to finally get a chance to! There was one in London before I came to Japan but I was busy so I missed it :( But nothing beats the real deal so I was excited to finally be a part of something I'd always seen online.





We met at Harajuku station and you could immediately tell who was going to be a part of the walk because they were so colourful and cute and really stood out. We took sooooo many pictures. Like, so many. Group shots, individual shots, selfies and also videos. It felt like we were in the midst of paparazzi or something it was crazy.



Cece and I were interviewed by a TV programme about Hamada Bamyu Bamyu, a comedian who parodies Kyary Pamyu Pamyu and her songs. I knew who he was through Sebastian Masuda who designed his outfits and PV sets but Cece had no idea. The interview was in Japanese and I thought it went well and I didn't stumble too much which is definitely progress!



When we were walking around Harajuku everyone was staring and saying how cute everyone looked which was really cool. I think it's nice that dressing differently in Tokyo usually provokes a positive reaction from people rather than a negative one.


I was also photographed for Japanese Streets so as soon as I have the pictures I will upload them here!


At the end of the day, after the walk, Cece and I bumped into Minori who was just casually out and about in Harajuku. As always she looked incredible, her Shironuri is absolute perfection and her style is so well put together and original! She was so lovely too and I was so happy I got to meet her since I wasn't able to at the most recent Hyper Japan which she attended.


It was a cool experience, another thing to add to my list of things I've done in Tokyo!

Choom xoxo
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Choom. All rights reserved.