Friday, December 11, 2015

About me

日本語でブログポスト

Hey!


It seems so strange to do this after about a year or so of blogging but I've decided to write a little bit about me! I did the same post over on my Ameblo so for those of you that want a 日本語 version click here! On my Ameblo I will be posting more day to day things and this blog will be more fashion/modelling posts. I post on my Instagram (@choomychan) pretty regularly so if you want more casual and regular updates (in English!) please follow that!



So as you may or may not know my name is Choom Chan! Or just Choom, whichever is fine. I'm from London but I currently live in Tokyo, Japan which is awesome by the way. I arrived here in September and I'll be living here for a year. Before I came to Japan I was so worried about living alone for the first time, how I was going to feed myself and whether my language abilities were up to scratch. I mean I've only been learning Japanese for two years which honestly isn't that long of a time so I was nervous about how I was going to handle daily conversation. Turns out none of these things became major problems! After living here for about 4 months I think I've become used to the Tokyo way of life...apart from everyone walking really slow. Like, don't you have places to be??

My major interest is K-Pop. It's my favourite type of music. Of course I like other genres but I think K-Pop has basically taken over my life. My favourite groups are Big Bang, 2NE1 and B.A.P and recently I saw Big Bang in Tokyo Dome as part of their M.A.D.E tour and I cried, very hard. Despite having seen them before I think I cried more this time than last time. I could write an essay about K-Pop but I'll save you all from that just by saying I love it.


I love to write my blog (obvs), put together shoots and take pictures. I also model, which honestly happened totally by accident! But I enjoy it a lot so I guess it all worked out.

Of course I'm really into Harajuku fashion and I've been dressing in this alternative style for about 5 years now, maybe longer, I'm not sure. When I wear it I feel so good and happy and (cliché but) it makes me feel like me. If I'm not dressing outlandishly I feel like I'm in disguise. In England this kind of style isn't abundant so when I go out people stare at me. At first I was really put off (I remember once I hid in a shop for about an hour because I was so scared by the reaction I got from other people) but over time I've learnt to not pay attention to the stares and comments of others, because I'm doing what makes me feel happy. So that's why I started this blog! So I could express myself openly. Through blogging I've connected with the world's 'kawaii community' and as a result made many friends! Also, I've had many cool experiences and opportunities I never thought I would have!

As well as this blog I run PuriCuties with Shady Kleo. Funnily enough Shady found me on Instagram and contacted me for a shoot. We instantly clicked and we've been friends for a year now and we talk almost every day! I don't know what I did before I met my twin tbh.

In the future I'm thinking of starting my own fashion brand or just doing anything to show my creativity! I just want to inspire other people as I have been inspired by others.



Thanks for reading!

Choom xoxo
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I would love to read more about your love for kpop, you sound so passionnate about it that I'm sure it will not be any boring :) I'll also love to hear more about your experience of living alone in another country as well as how you learnd the language and moved maybe c: I really like your style, and it's really nice to know more about the person behind it ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment! Perhaps I'll do more of these sorts of posts if people want to read them, haha. I'm glad you liked the post ^^ xx

    ReplyDelete

© Choom. All rights reserved.