Saturday, November 28, 2015

Rainbow Poof

Hey!

So it's been a while since I've done my own outfit post but it's about time I did one! This one is a very old school Harajuku inspired coordinate. It's colourful explosion of nostalgia and OTT accessories and I love it! Recently I haven't been dressing up as much as I would like so it's fun going all out for a shoot.




I feel like I play it really safe with accessories and I'm very 'put together,' So I tried to go the opposite way and over accessorize. This was such a challenge for me! It was so so so hard to force myself to keep adding more accessories and I think I could have added even more to be honest!



Since this an old school style it was really fitting I bumped into Junnyan (@junnyan69), who has been on the Harajuku fashion scene since like, forever, and is very much a hardcore Harajuku old school fashionista. His brightly coloured outfit includes pieces by brands that no longer exist on the famous Takeshita Street because the fashion has since moved on. Even though it's old school I think it still looks really cool, and definitely stands out!



I wore my 'Sorry Not Sorry' necklace with a purpose. It may seem pretty out of place in this outfit but to me it just says I'm unapologetic about being loud and standing out. You may think that Tokyo is full of weirdly clothed people but in fact it's not. Even in Harajuku you find that there are fewer people dressed in outlandish clothing than you would expect! It doesn't mean that you shouldn't dress differently because other people aren't, you do you Boo Boo. 



Other key accessories I included were my 6% Doki Doki earring and hair clip. I recently modelled for them (blog post soon to come!) and their brand is the iconic colourful rebellion you expect from a Harajuku brand. The brand has been around for 20 years which says so much!!



More cool points to this outfit are the two unicorn badges I added to the bottom of the dress and my cyber forehead gems. Also, the return of my Choom Chan rings which I haven't worn in a while! I wanted everything to match so I even included my rainbow jacket and umbrella! I didn't realise I had all these rainbow clothes haha.



I made a little video of this outfit on my YouTube channel here so check that out!

Thank you to Annabelle (aka Manager san) for shooting the pictures and the video!
Also thanks to my twin Shady Kleo for editing all of the photos!

Dress - Ichiban
Jacket - Taobao
Tights - Shojo No Tomo
Shoes - Harajuku Lace Market
Pink necklace - Cyberdog
'Sorry Not Sorry' necklace - Borderline Apparel
'Arigatou' earring + hairclip - 6%DokiDoki
LINE earrings - BitchKitschJewellery
Heart bracelets - BubblesSawTheCity
Star bracelets and bow - Closet Child
Umbrella - Spinns
Badges - Bought at Japan Expo
Bag - Miniso

Choom xoxo

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. OH MY GOSH! That video was SOOO cute.

    This outfit is totally YES. I especially love your jacket (omg plz can i has?!) and your choom-chan rings! I also totally agree 200% with you're point about dressing as you no matter if no one else is dressing boldly!

    ReplyDelete

© Choom. All rights reserved.