Wednesday, December 30, 2015

90s Pastels (Shot by Delano Scott)

Hey!

This look is a Harajuku pastel mixed with 90s sort of look. I stuck to my fave accent colour, pink, to keep it kawaii. I think my hair has really affected the way I dress because I have to think if it will co-ordinate with my clothes, and truthfully it works 90% of the time! I mean my hair is blonde, blue and pink and most of my clothes are pastel coloured or black so it usually works. Also the fact that braids were big in the 90s (and seeing a comeback now) makes this look really true to 90s style, but the colour makes it Harajuku style!

I love the way Delano edited this, it's so trippy! The background is so soft and matches my outfit perfectly. Totally the aesthetic I was going for!





My dungarees and loose fitting and really comfy. I love that the straps are pink though, it makes it cuter! I always pay attention to the small details so I rolled them up at the bottom so it sits better on my trainers.



It's really cold in Tokyo right now, well for me it's cold even though I should be used to miserable English weather but hey ho, so I layered a thick jumper underneath my dungarees. At first it felt weird to put it underneath rather than over the top but I didn't want to hide the straps of the dungarees and also it's more of a retro way of wearing the outfit.



The accessories are simple, I don't think this outfit needed over accessorizing. Rather than a blingy chain I opted for a kawaii chain, and instead of chunky bracelets and watch I went for chunky pastel bracelets and watch all in a similar colour way.


All photos shot and edited by Delano Scott. Check out his Flickr here.
IG: @impactthemasses

Dungarees - Guess
Jumper - KIKI2
Shoes - Funktique
Necklace - Cosmic Magical
Hat - Offbrand
Bracelets - Closet child
Watch - Swimmer
Keychain - Spank!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Choom. All rights reserved.